Teacher educators who take responsibility for their own professional development:
- reflect regularly and seek feedback on their work to assess both their strengths as teacher educators and areas for further development
- strengthen awareness of the impact of their behaviour as it relates to openness, conscientiousness, interactivity, empathy and resilience
- seek professional improvement by identifying and engaging in independent and collaborative professional development activities (including online) relevant to teacher educators
- keep up-to-date with current trends in their field
- define career goals for both the shorter and longer term.